Start your day right with a delicious, refreshing Mango Moringa Superfood Smoothie that’s packed with nutrients and flavor. Don’t blend in, stand out! Add some excitement to your smoothie regimen by throwing superfoods like avocado, dragonfruit and, spinach into the mix.
I love to have smoothies in the morning because they keep me energized throughout the day. If it’s difficult for you to include healthier foods in your diet, this is ideal. Smoothies are a fun and easy way to ensure you meet your daily servings of fruits and vegetables.
What’s more convenient than tasty nutrients in a cup? Smoothies are “breakfast-on-the-go.” Not a morning person? This drink is great for a snack or meal replacement.
The Mango Moringa Superfood Smoothie has a tropical taste that makes it perfect for warmer weather. Stay nourished and hydrated this summer with this blended beverage.
What do you put in a smoothie?
It’s impossible to get bored with smoothies because the combinations are endless. Bored with a certain vegetable? Replace it with another! Your favorite fruit is out of season? Try one that isn’t! Whenever you’re ready to get started, these are the essentials.
- Fruit: I like using fresh fruits in my smoothies so I choose what’s in season. Every smoothie needs at least two fruits. Some of my favorite fruits to add to a smoothie are mangos, dragonfruit, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, and bananas.
- Vegetable: I like to add a heaping amount of one vegetable to my mix. Some great veggies for smoothies are spinach, kale, cabbage, beets, cucumbers, and carrots. It’s a sneaky way to up the health factor.
- Supplement: Need an extra boost in your drink? Add a supplement to your favorite recipe! Some of my suggestions include moringa, protein, matcha, chia seeds, and turmeric.
- Liquid/Yogurt: Depending on how thick you want your smoothie to be, a liquid or yogurt is a great way to control the consistency of your drink. Some options include almond milk, orange juice, and coconut water. Of course, you can go with any variety of yogurt. I chose Greek Yogurt, for a thicker, smoother beverage.
- Sweetener: If you’ve finally finished blending and still think your smoothie is missing something, try adding a natural sweetener like honey or agave.
What is Moringa?
Moringa comes from the horseradish tree. It’s a drought-resistant plant that is native to India.
What are the benefits of moringa?
Moringa leaves can treat everything from skin irritations to inflammation. Moringa powder is great for sauces, soups, and of course, smoothies!
Incorporate moringa into your diet so that you can boost your immune system. Moringa is rich in vitamins A and C, which is excellent for blood circulation. Moreover, it nourishes skin and hair.
Tips for Perfecting Your Smoothie
A smoothie is a drink made up of fruits and/or vegetables and is prepared using a blender. They seem easy enough to make but a few tips can take your smoothie from average to amazing.
- Frozen fruits provide the best texture. Your smoothie will be thicky, icy and you don’t have to worry about ice diluting the flavor.
- Don’t add too much fruit because they’re sugary. Balance out your smoothie with vegetables and healthy fats and proteins (like peanut butter or chia seeds).
- Throw in an avocado. They’re an excellent source of fiber but also add creaminess to your drink.