Sunday seems like that relax but handle things you put off during the weekday day. So while multitasking, I created a simple and quick brunch appetizer.
We all are familiar with the popular Italian appetizer, bruschetta. So why not include eggs! It can be enjoyed practically any time of the year and with just a few ingredients your mid-day taste buds are satisfied.
- Egg (1)
- Baguette ( sliced)
- Garlic (2 cloves)
- Tomato (1 dice)
- Mozzarella (sliced)
- Basil (fresh chopped)
- Kosher Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Black Pepper ( 1/4 tsp)
- Balsamic Vinegar (1/2 tsp)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees or place oven broiler on high.
- Cut bruschetta in slices, rub garlic then place on baking sheet and toast in over for 2 minutes or light golden.
- Take slices of mozzarella and place on the baguette slices until melted.
- In a food processor add tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and pulse.
- Leave mixture slightly chunky
- Add salt & pepper and taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg.
- Place egg in medium heat pan and cook.
- Place scramble egg and spoon tomato mixture on top of melted mozzarella and Enjoy!