- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium size potato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrots
- 1 jars roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 sour cream (staple item)
- ¼ tsp. salt (staple item)
- ½ tsp. ground pepper (staple item)
- Preheat a large pot to medium heat. Add the oil, onions, carrots and thyme.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until onions are soft.
- Add the broth, salt and pepper. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of the peels into the pot
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook another 20 minutes. Then, using a hand-held immersion blender or standard blender, blend until smooth.
- Add salt again if needed. Serve with sour cream.