We all are familiar with the popular Italian appetizer, bruschetta. So why not include eggs! It can be enjoyed practically any time of the year and with just a few ingredients your mid-day taste buds are satisfied.
- Egg (1)
- Baguette ( sliced)
- Garlic (2 cloves)
- Tomato (1 dice)
- Mozzarella (sliced)
- Basil (fresh chopped)
- Kosher Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Black Pepper ( 1/4 tsp)
- Balsamic Vinegar (1/2 tsp)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees or place oven broiler on high.
- Cut bruschetta in slices, rub garlic then place on baking sheet and toast in over for 2 minutes or light golden.
- Take slices of mozzarella and place on the baguette slices until melted.
- In a food processor add tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and pulse.
- Leave mixture slightly chunky
- Add salt & pepper and taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg.
- Place egg in medium heat pan and cook.
- Place scramble egg and spoon tomato mixture on top of melted mozzarella and Enjoy!