With an overload of boneless skinless chicken breast, I thought what possibly could I do with it all? Since I’m not one who typically drools over casserole dishes, I decided to challenge myself. However, I thought adding stuffing, yes one of Thanksgiving classic comfort foods, to this dish is the perfect leap into holiday cooking spirit. Besides, who said stuffing was only for turkey?
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Black Pepper ( 1/4 tsp)
- Garlic (1 tsp minced)
- Yellow Onions (1 cup chopped)
- Boneless skinless chicken (1 1/4 pound (1/2 pieces)
- Bread (Whole wheat cut into cubes)
- Carrots ( 1/2 cup chopped)
- Celery (1 cup chopped)
- Chicken stock (2 cups)
- Thyme (1 sprig )
- Sage ( 1 tsp chopped)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Asparagus ( cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- Olive Oil ( 1 tbsp)
- Black Pepper ( 1tsp)
- Rosemary (1 tsp)
- Ground Pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Sour Cream (1 cup)
- Parmesan (1/2 cup shredded)
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Butter (4 tbsp)
- Pre-heat over to 350
- Cut bread into cubes.
- Place bread cubes on baking sheet, drizzle olive oil over & pinch of salt for 10-12 minutes until crusted.
- Cool and transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Over medium-low heat in a skillet, drizzle olive oil, include garlic, onions until it is a gold color add celery, carrots, sage & thyme.
- Remove skillet from heat and combine in large mixing bowl with toasted bread cubes.
- Pour 2 cups of low sodium turkey stock over stuffing mixture until the bread is moist.
- Add chicken and mix together.
- Add salt & pepper and taste, include more if needed.
- Remove soaking asparagus and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut boneless skinless chicken breast into 1/2inch pieces.
- In a large skillet over med heat, drizzle olive oil in pan & add chicken, garlic, rosemary, salt & pepper.
- Add asparagus
- Stir frequently for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Combine with bread cubes when done.
- In a middle size-baking dish, coat with butter or cooking spray.
- Place mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until heated through
- Serve hot!